Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dramatic house price cuts leave lone parent in negative equity

HOUSE prices in a second Carlow estate have plummeted this week by €60,000, but not everyone is happy.

The news that ten bungalows in Sand Hills on the Browneshill Road are down from €320,000 to €260,000 following a the dramatic slash in the price of houses in The Paddocks will be music to the ears of first-time buyers or investors.

But one lone parent living in The Paddocks told The Nationalist she is disgusted by the actions of the developer.

Well-known business woman Lynda Maher described the staggering •65,000 drop in the cost of a four-bed semi in The Paddocks on the Browneshill Road as “very unfair”.

“I’m not even in my house a year yet and it is really very hard to believe how prices could fall by such a huge sum in under 12 months. Of course I’m very angry with the developer.

“If I wanted to sell my house in the morning, now I would be out by over

•100,000,” said Lynda.

“I work six days a week, often 11 hours a day to try and cover my bills but if I could have got my house at •65,000 less I wouldn’t have to be working so hard to make ends meet,” she said.


The Nationalist


No comments: